[Users] ML and ADMConstraints

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed Mar 21 07:03:43 CDT 2012

On 21 Mar 2012, at 06:00, Luca Baiotti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> McLachlan has its own code to compute the violation of the constraints,
> but is thorn ADMConstraints also supposed to work with ML? I found that
> ML_ADMConstraints and ADMConstraints give results that differ of orders
> of magnitude.

Luca has been discussing this with me.  I believe the situation is that ML_BSSN and ML_ADMConstraints give consistent values for the constraints, but ADMConstraints gives results which differ by orders of magnitude.  Note that this occurs where there is matter.  Is it possible that ADMConstraints does not use the correct matter-coupling mechanism for the stress-energy tensor?

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder