[Users] cactus performance

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 29 10:01:17 CDT 2012

Hi Jose,

look, the Einstein Toolkit team is very happy to help new users like
you to get started and sort out specific questions regarding parts
of the toolkit.

What we really can't do is provide you with very basic
high-performance computing training via the mailing list. This is
because many if not most people on this list actually volunteer to
help in their spare time and are not paid as consultants for general
HPC questions. You are at Berkeley lab and there are many experts that
can help you with basic HPC questions, plus there are tons of resources
available on-line, that I would kindly ask you to consult first.

Regarding your scaling question:

https://support.scinet.utoronto.ca/wiki/index.php/Introduction_To_Performance

gives a good introduction to performance measurements. There are many
more webpages like this available on the internet. The plot shown in
the Einstein Toolkit paper (arXiv:1111.3344) is a weak scaling test.

Best,

 - Christian Ott