[Users] Meeting Minutes
roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon May 7 12:11:37 CDT 2012
Present were: Frank, Roland, Barry Wardell, Erik, Ian, Steve, Bruno,
Peter, Josh, Philipp, Tanja, Christian
LSU server certificate:
* CCT has obtained a new certificate, https should now work
* still open tickets 
* CZ4 formalism was added to McLachlan script. It generates an extra
thorn since it was found to negatively impact the current BSSN performance.
* Description will be added to McLachlan documentation
* include three wavetoy thorns: standard cactus, McLachlan using Kranc
and McLachlan using Kranc and OpenCL
* the last will be commented out by default with instructions how to
enable it in the thorn list.
* suggestion to have syntax in thorn lists to selectively enable thorns
but no working mechanism could be proposed
* will deprecate old library mechanism (ie HDF5=yes) with the exception
of MPI which used by many thorns without REQUIRE statements
- soft freeze date of May 14th
- no additions (thorns ect.), major changes, new features
- hard freeze date of May 21th
- only 'important' bug fixes or documentation improvements
^--> to be decided by two maintainers
- release date of May 28th.
* include EinsteinExact arrangement by Barry with some documentation.
Bruno and Peter volunteer to look through code.
* migrate test to use new arrangement where possible for the next release
* want to use a single plotting package
* supermongo disliked by those that do not have a license
* matplotlib disliked by current supermongo users
* provide matplotlib style files and samples
* encourage new plots in matplotlib which are easier to update to common
style than converting supermongo to matplotlib (or vice versa)
* spend day near end of paper writing process to convert all plots to
* most tests that should work are done (ie. Balsara tests work,
Komissarow do not)
* TOV test works with constraint transport, fails in long runs with
* magnetic rotor test works with constraint transport, the LLF flux or
using +/-c for the characteristic speed for the longitudinal field component
* Bruno will do some characteristic structure analysis for proper speed
of longitudinal field component
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Users mailing list
Users at einsteintoolkit.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 262 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20120507/c9373668/attachment.bin
More information about the Users