[Users] Einstein Toolkit on Mac OS

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue May 15 21:20:10 CDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 02:38:51PM +0000, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
> babiuc$ ./GetComponents -p -a https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk/einsteintoolkit.th
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Thread::Semaphore" at ./GetComponents line 600.

I am not a Mac user - anyone? Btw: which MacOS and perl versions do you
use?

> Apropos of Mac OS, is there a still maintained wiki tutorial on how to get the Toolkit working? I could not find the path to it.

I don't know who started it, probably Ian Hinder. However, as I learned
today it apparently not only matters which version of Mac OS you use, but
also how (which) additional non-Mac libraries you installed (fink vs.
macports vs self-compiled).

Frank