[Users] Follow-up: How I got Visit 2.4.2 & CarpetHDF5 to work on Mac OS X Lion

Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Tue May 22 09:06:36 CDT 2012

Scott,

Yes, I did. The error I am getting now when configuring Cactus is:
dyld: Symbol not found: _orte_ess
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libmpi.0.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libopen-rte.0.dylib
 in /usr/local/lib/libmpi.0.dylib

Looking on the web, it seems that other Apple users had this problem when trying to link libraries.
I'm afraid that I made this mess when I linked libopen-rte*?
Is there a clean and quick fix, or I need to reinstall my whole operating system? :O

Please help!
Maria