[Users] MPI problem on Mac OS X

Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Wed May 23 15:55:33 CDT 2012

Hi,

I fixed the problem. Yes, the config file for Snow-Leopard uses ithe system's own mpi from /usr/include. On one laptop, this was fine, but on the other one, after I linked the libraries, it got messed up. Panicked, I did some hacking in /usr/local, /usr/bin and /usr/include of which I am not proud, but now it works!
I might have not needed to do this, but I wanted to clean any residue of openmpi that was there.

Barry, wow, I'm succesfully using your lion configuration on the Snow Leopard!

Bernard, it is safe to use the lion configuration on the Snow Leopard, after you do the macport installs specified in the header, and this will greatly simply your problem with VisIt.

Thanks,
Maria