[Users] ETK Maxwell checkout failing for McLachlan, KrancNumericalTools

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu May 24 11:04:44 CDT 2012

Hello all,

> With an anonymous checkout, you can commit and push.  You have to add
> the correct URL to push to: git push <url>, but you can still push.
> This is a lot easier than checking out your Cactus tree again in
> non-anonymous mode.
Also a number of users and maintainers may not be able to check out the
whole tree non-anonymously since they don't have write permissions to
all of the git/hg repositories (only Carpet is affected I think).
Currently that does not seem to include me though :-)

There was at one point a discussion about making "-a" in GetComponents
the default (assuming there are more users with read only access than
developers with read/write access) at
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2011-December/001687.html

As far as I can see no clear decision whether to make "-a" the default
was reached. At that time the feeling seems to have been that the
interactive questioning by GetComponents was sufficient (but that it was
broken at that time).