[Users] meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 5 13:17:31 CST 2012

Present were: Frank, Roland, Bruno, Eloisa, Steve, Peter, Tanja, Ian,
Yosef, Josh

ET release:
* Fank has created svn release branches, git branches will be created today
* release notes are available at:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details both short and
long would benefit from input
* we will release independent of MHD paper status and create tags for
the code version used in the paper once we have a version that works
* we have two outstanding ticket tickets for the release:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/68
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/434
* ticket 68 concerns GetComponent hanging on subversion errors
concerning invalid templates. A patch (actually two different ones) is
provided but would need testing, ideally on machines where the error occurs.
* ticket 434 concerns the excluded in Carpet's reduction mask
- we had a lively discussion whether this is critical or can be ignored.
Not final decision was reached.
- two options are possible:
-- leave as is and release with note about warning
-- increase warning level/make dependent on verbosity parameter
- the later requires that we understand that the error is benign
- Roland will reproduce the error with trunk code and qc0-mclachlan in
the release code. Will attach error and parfile to ticket.

MHD paper:
* will have phone call after the ET call