[Users] Compiling Ørsted with OpenMP and gcc-4.7.2

David Radice david.radice at aei.mpg.de
Tue Nov 13 11:36:00 CST 2012

Dear ET users,

I am trying to compile the latest release of the Einstein Toolkit,
Ørsted, on my laptop (Fedora 17, gcc-4.7.2), but I get the following
error if I try to compile with OpenMP:

/home/davide/Desert/CactusOersted/configs/charon/build/Carpet/Recompose.cc:2071:2: error: stray ‘#’ in program

the error disappears if I compile with no OpenMP support.

I can also compile without problems, using the same thornlist and with
OpenMP support, on our local cluster with the Intel compiler.

It looks like a compiler bug to me, but I am not sure about what exactly
is triggering it... Do you have any idea of what could be going wrong?

Cheers,
David

--
http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/radice