[Users] help/advice in getting optionlist working

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 13:32:47 CDT 2012

Hi,

Having gotten einsteintoolkit built on my local macbook, I have decided to
try to get things built on the Ohio Supercomputer Center's front end.  I
have taken one of the config files for ranger and have used it as a base
from which I made some changes with particular attention to the locations
of needed things on the OSC system.  I have tried the following while in
the Cactus directory:

./simfactory/bin/sim setup

which did complete with a basic setup (had to do this twice as I logged
onto the OSC frontend two separate times and got two different machines,
which is not surprising I guess).

While in the Cactus directory:

./simfactory/bin/sim build --optionlist=oscoptionlist
--thornlist=thornlists/einsteintoolkit.th >& attempt5.9.1.2012.out &

where oscoptionlist is the edited version of the ranger optionlist I used.
 I am attaching this optionlist. At the end of the output file I see the
following:

HDF5: Installing checker...
  /usr/bin/install -c h5check
'/nfs/05/bgs001/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/external/HDF5/bin'
~/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch
HDF5: Cleaning up...
HDF5: Done.
HDF5 selected, but HDF5_DIR not set. Checking some places...
HDF5 not found
Using bundled HDF5...
Building HDF5
Checking consistency...
Creating Thorn-Flesh bindings...
   Creating implementation bindings...
   Creating parameter bindings...
   Creating variable bindings...
   Creating schedule bindings...
   Creating function bindings...
CST finished.
/nfs/05/bgs001/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/make.configuration.defn:5:
*** Configuration error: The Carpet thorns require MPI.  Please configure
with MPI, or remove the Carpet thorns from the ThornList..  Stop.
make: *** [sim] Error 2

So, the system I run on uses module and the loaded modules are:

-bash-4.1$ module list
Currently Loaded Modules:
  1) torque/2.5.12  3) modules/1.0       5) mkl/10.3.0    7) fftw3/3.3
  2) moab/6.1.5     4) intel/12.1.4.319  6) mvapich2/1.7

I believe/think that the optionlist file reflects the loaded mvapich libs,
but maybe I have missed something...

Can you please help me get over this hurdle?

Thanks for your help.

Comer