[Users] Error with ETK Tutorial for New Users

Chaitanya Shettigara chaitanya.shettigara at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 3 22:30:42 CDT 2013

Hi Users,

I am having trouble with the tutorial for new users found here
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users

I cannot run a simulation using
./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov.par
--procs=32 --walltime=8:0:0
as per the tutorial. I get the following error:
Parameter file: /home/ettest50/Cactus/par/static_tov.par
Error: could not access simulation base directory
/scratch/ettest50/simulations for reading and writing
Aborting Simfactory.

I notice that someone had the same problem back in 2011, and I created the
directory by hand which seemed to be a solution that worked for him, but I
keep getting the same error. I also gave it completely open access
permissions in case that was the problem.

Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?

Kind regards,
Chaitanya Shettigara