[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Jan 6 22:15:43 CST 2013

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:

   http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/

I short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 or (+1) 866-573-0359 and
         the conference id is 118682#.

There was not a lot of activity over the holidays, as expected. The
server svn.cactuscode.org has a new ssl certificate because the old
expired; you might (but actually shouldn't) need to accept that in
your clients.

The LONI Cactus allocation loni_cactus07 expired end of last year. We
got a new allocation loni_cactus08 approved. Simfactory defaults have
been changed (do svn update), but users might need to adapt local
changes. Also, please note that this allocation is meant for
infrastructure development and testing, not for production runs
(it is also not so large to support that). Having said that - please
use it whenever you do development or testing on LONI and acknowledge
it whenever you have used it for a publication, even if only used
during the early phase for code development.

On the agenda for this meeting is:

- http://einsteintoolkit.org/about/gallery
  Please create example parameter files. I volunteer to start working on
  the long-term evolution of a single, stable neutron star.
  Others are needed. We should be able to get this up before the next
  release, and this will also help ourselves with events like new-user
  workshops.
- CactusExamples into the ET?
  This arrangement was part of the last Cactus release. There is a
  ticket [1] about including it in the ET as well, so we need to
  decide.
- TmunuBase::support_old_CalcTmunu_mechanism = no
  The default for this setting is currently "yes", but this is _really_
  slow and not needed for ET thorns. There is a ticket [2] about
  changing the default for the next release (so, now in trunk) and
  removing it after the next release (in the fall). We need to decide
  about both; about the change of default now and about the removal
  (in fall) at latest before the release in spring to be able to warn
  users.
- We are still working on reducing the number of compiler warnings.
  This of course depends on your compiler and compiler flags, but most
  of them aught to be fixed in any case. There is a ticket [3] about
  this, and a daily overview can be seen at [4]. Any help is
  appreciated.

As always - feel free to bring up any issue related to the ET in any
form. This agenda is not meant to be extended if needed.

Frank Löffler

[1] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/809
[2] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1105
[3] https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1174