[Users] question about ET on Stampede (TACC)

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
Tue Jan 8 13:35:15 CST 2013

Hi,
	I'd like to compile and run ET on the new TACC cluster Stampede. Did anybody run ET on stampede?
I see that there are already simfactory scripts for stampede in the ET development version, but I'm not sure if they have been already fully tested (I see that there are comments about job submission not having been tested yet).

	I'm also curious to know if you think that the hybrid approach can be of any use for ET/GRHydro (or ET/Whisky) on that machine. I'm not very familiar with the Intel Phi coprocessor and MIC programming (but it seems similar to GPU, except for being much easier to use).

Thanks,
Bruno

Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
JILA - University of Colorado
440 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
USA

Tel.  : +1 303-492-5170
Fax  : +1 303-492-5235
email : bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't