[Users] problems with Visit 2.6.* and CarpetHDF5

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
Fri Jul 26 15:37:09 CDT 2013

Hi,
	I have some issues using the latest version of Visit. When visualizing data in CarpetHDF5 format for some reasons VisIt does not show properly all the values, i.e., values below a certain threshold are visualized using the same color of the minimum in the colorbar. I have attached two images to make it more clear: rho_visit_263.jpeg shows the density using version 2.6.3, while rho_visit_232.jpeg shows the same quantity but using version 2.3.2. As you can see, 2.6.3 does not show properly the values below ~1e-6 (they all get the same color of 1e-10).

	I tried both the binary and source versions of visit 2.6.3 and they both show the same problem. I also tried the 2.6.0 binary version and it shows the same problem too. Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks,
Bruno

Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
JILA - University of Colorado
440 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
USA

Tel.  : +1 303-492-5170
Fax  : +1 303-492-5235
email : bruno.giacomazzo at jila.colorado.edu
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't