[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Mar 2 22:32:40 CST 2013

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:

   http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/

In short: the number is (+1) 225-578-4942 or (+1) 866-573-0359 and
          the conference id is 118682#.

Current status:

- Trunk has three failing testsuites.
  - Two because of an issue with the parameter file parser
    (not parsing 'inf' in 'trunc(atan(-inf))' (do we need that anyway?)
  - One in the thorn (PeriodicCarpet), which was just added
  Please make any efforts to fix these problems
- Tickets that have been closed last week:
  - IOUtil::out_dir now defaults to "$parfile"
  - There are versions of CCTK_WARN that never return (and let the
    compiler know about that fact)
  - PeriodicCarpet was added to the ET
  - XARGS can be used as configuration variable to specify the location
    of a suitable xargs installation (only found to be necessary on one
    specific machine: pandora at LSU)
  - hdf5 index files for checkpoints will now be deleted along with
    their checkpoints (if this option is used)
  - There was an issue with simulations not restarting correctly by
    simfactory if the latter was updated in the meantime. This has
    been fixed.
- 9 Tickets are pending review at the moment. Please take a few minutes
  of your time to see if you could help reviewing one of these proposed
  fixes/improvements. [1]
- I suppose a lot of people on this list will go to the APS meeting in
  April. The talk notifications had been sent a while ago and the early
  bird registration deadline is in the past. While I am sure we all will
  be quite busy those days it would nevertheless be nice to get most of us
  together one evening for dinner. This does not have to be (and hopefully
  isn't, at least not too much) about work. Leave your laptop, but bring
  some stories to share.
  Would there be interest in such an evening?

As always, please feel free to ask any question somehow related to the
toolkit.

Frank Loeffler

[1]
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=review&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=reporter&col=time&col=component&order=priority