[Users] bug in Dissipation thorn?

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 5 09:55:37 CST 2013

Hi Kentaro,

Just to clarify regarding the OpenMP parallelization. Even though it's
supposed to be true that Fortran90 array constructs can be OpenMP
parallelized using the !$OMP WORKSHARE directive, it turns out that some
compilers (most notably the intel compilers) doesn't actually parallelize
these constructs. Instead one processor does all the work. For that
unfortunate reason the loop construct is much more efficient than the
array construct on many machines.

Cheers,

   Peter