[Users] bug in Dissipation thorn?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Mar 6 21:16:33 CST 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Kentaro Takami
<kentaro.takami at aei.mpg.de>wrote:

> Do you have two versions of the produced executable, one that produces
> > random changes and one that doesn't? Could you make these available to
> me? I
> > would like to compare the produced machine code to see the difference.
>
> I guess you can access damiana at AEI.
> You can use the following executable files in
> "/lustre/datura/takami/Share_Dir/EXE__Test_Dissipation/".
>
> For random results,
> "cactus_GRHydro.F77--datura.OMP-NO_PRECISE-NO".
>
> For consistent results,
> "cactus_GRHydro.F77--datura.OMP-NO_PRECISE-YES".
>
> Here, both are exactly same source programs and compile options
> except for "-fp-model precise" option.

Kentaro

Yes, I have access to Damiana.

These two executables are not useful to me, since you said you are not
interested in using the -fp-model-precise option anyway. I therefore see no
reason to examine it. I am rather interested in comparing the executables
for (a) the original version and (b) a version that you "like".