[Users] How to add external fields to a simulation?

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Mar 13 15:01:13 CDT 2013

Hi Ben,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 11:27:28AM -0800, Ben Bernard wrote:
> Specifically, I am interested in periodically
> sweeping a polarized electromagnetic plane wave across a simulation
> volume, from a source point that is outside the simulation volume.

I assume what you are interested in are the effects these waves have on
something within the simulation domain. There isn't code (I know of) in
the toolkit that could readily produce data like this. Thus, at the very
minimum, you would need to write some code (a new thorn most likely)
that does this; providing a boundary condition for such an incoming
wave. I cannot say more than that, as that really would depend on the
details of what you plan to do.

> am also curious about permeating a volume with a bispinor field.  Is
> there a package that I would have to add?

Again, I doubt something like that exists already, sorry.

Frank