[Users] Missing thorns in ET_2013_05 branch

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sun May 12 13:03:42 CDT 2013

TestAllTypes tests CCTK_REAL16, which may not be supported. Since
CCTK_REAL16 is used in the interface.ccl, the thorn must then be disabled.

OpenCL is not available on all systems. It could easily be made available
on all workstations/laptops, but some older supercomputers won't offer it.
There are two open-source OpenCL implementation, but they are alpha quality
and don't "just work everywhere".

Finally,  PETSc is not easy to install, and each version has a different
interface. PETSc is THE standard, so we need to support it, but making it
work (or finding a pre-installed version) is not always easy.

My preferred route would be as Frank suggests: enable them everywhere. We
can disable them via Simfactory on machines where they don't work.

-erik