[Users] Possible bug with drawing plots

Brian Taylor taylor74 at illinois.edu
Wed May 29 14:31:40 CDT 2013

Hello,

I seem to be running into a problem with drawing plots in VisIt.
Occasionally, I will run into an error when drawing a streamline plot. The
window that I am drawing the plot in dims and VisIt becomes busy. In
addition, the plot in the plot list being redrawn remains yellow. The
compute engine also stops reporting progress. I've attached a screen shot
of what this looks like. After this happens for a long time, the window
becomes undimmed and the draw fails with the error:

"The Streamline plot of "BVec" for the file
"/home/vpaschal/vpaschal/BHNS_FFE_spin0data/it38912_to_it64000/3d_data_201303030007/Bx.file_*
database" could not be generated by the compute engine on host "localhost"."

One thing I've noticed in the aftermath of the compute engine failing is
the databases can be reopened afterwords. In other words, VisIt seems to
recognize a change in the data set. Or, this could be something else.

I am running visit 2.6.0 on a Ubuntu machine. The data we are using is
carpetHDF5 data.

Thanks,
Brian