[Users] .cactus/config

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu May 30 11:46:53 CDT 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 06:09:12PM +0200, Bruno Coutinho Mundim wrote:
> I use .cactus/config too. What's your suggestion for replacement if
> someone doesn't want to use simfactory?

Given that now at least three people spoke up, using .cactus/config, we
should no so easily discard it.

What about the following:

- If an option list is specified to 'make', use that - and _not_
  .cactus/config. No merging is done, no warning/error is issued.
  .cactus/config would simply be ignored in that case. This is new.
  Currently Cactus does some merging here.
- If no option list is provided, Cactus uses .cactus/config (if
  present). No warning or error again, maybe an 'info message'.
  This doesn't change.
- If someone (simfactory?) want to be sure to ignore .cactus/config, it
  can do so by providing an (possibly empty) option list.

Frank