[Users] Test failures

Frank Löffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Nov 7 13:36:25 CST 2013

Hi

So far, Ian ran tests on datura and I ran the testsuites, on my
workstation. The gcc build shows no failures at all, but the intel suite
shows 9, but in part different than the one on datura.

http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-info/parse_testsuite_results.php

In the following I try to give a short summary of some of the failures:

Exact/KS-tilted fails on my workstation. This has always been a fragile
test.

GRHydro_test_shock_* fail on datura. I don't have the raw files, but it
seems from the overview page that all files show problems. This has to
be looked into. It would be interesting to see if this is a datura-only
problem of whether we see this elsewhere too.

balsara4_1d fails on my workstation - likely a tolerance issue. Anyone?

A lot of the other hydro tests fail on datura, suggesting that there is
a real problem with hydro there.

Some of the Multipole tests fail due to tolerance in the convergence
order output. I would like to see someone who is expert in that
thorn/testsuite to take a look.

Some of the RotatingSymmetry180/90 testsuites fail on my workstation,
due to tolerance, as suggested by the results. These are the Kerr
testsuites, and at the same time the corresponding Kerr-EE suites
succeed, suggesting a similar issue as with other Exact testsuites:
insufficient accuracy of the initial data itself - or in other words a
tolerance problem.

So, in short: apart from a hydro problem on datura we see the 'usual'
Exact-related problems, a failure in balsara4_1d and in the testsuites
of Multipole.

However, we need more results. Please test other machines as well!

Frank