[Users] global reductions in specified domains

Vassilios Mewes vassilios.mewes at uv.es
Fri Nov 15 08:58:06 CST 2013

Hello all!

Is there a way to use the global Cactus reduction functions on fractions of
the entire grid?

I am interested in summing grid scalars (say rho) in spherical shells in
the grid. Is there a way to perform the "sum" reduction on those shells
specified by a global radius variable? Or do I need to write my own MPI
function that sums the contributions from all processors that have grid
point that fall within the shell I am interested in?

best wishes,

Vassili