[Users] RotatingDBHIVP/E2xeon_test_rdbh on stampede

Erik Schnetter eschnetter at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Nov 22 16:28:40 CST 2013

Ian

In several places, our OpenMP parallelization is not deterministic. For example, LoopControl (and some other thorns) allocate thread work items dynamically. However, this should not influence the results.

Carpet's reduction algorithm is not deterministic. The order in which the partial results are summed up may lead to different round-off errors in norms. However, here the grid points values differ, which can't be explained by this.

Maybe there was a change to this thorn after I ran this test?

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <eschnetter at perimeterinstitute.ca>

and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu/.