[Users] Evolving grid arrays using MoL

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Oct 7 13:40:19 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 11:31:25AM -0700, Roland Haas wrote:
> During EVOL the finest level has to be
> last because that is the way the mesh refinement works.

What I am saying is that while this is true at the moment in Carpet this
doesn't need to be the case. Different levels can be evolved in any
order as long as prolongation and restriction are taken care of in the
correct order (e.g. by delaying them).

With grid arrays, being outside of the usual grid structure, it's not
even really clear when and how often to evolve them. "Finest grid" - is
that the maximally allowed finest grid, or the currently finest grid? If
it is the latter - how do we deal with adding or removing a level? If it
is the former - would global-late work, or wouldn't it skip steps for
levels that the usual GFs aren't enabled?

Frank