[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Oct 13 23:38:22 CDT 2013

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
10 am US central time on Mondays.

As always, we will answer questions and hear comments that come up at
the meeting.

I addition to that, Zach Etienne will give a short walk-through of the
IllinoisGRMHD code. We will use a web-service for screen-sharing and
audio. This means we will not use the regular phone line. Please find
instructions below:

http://horizon.tapir.caltech.edu

Log in via one of the username/password combinations listed (the
server is up and plays some music for testing purposes right now).

Please choose a display name (free form) and any of the two passwords
listed on the page. Using the moderator password will allow you to mute
anyone in the call and assign the presentation ability to users (incl.
yourself which is the only thing you can do as a normal user), there can
be several moderators at the same time.

The whole page is based on flash and some java for screen sharing. Audio
can be handled via flash in which case I recommend activating echo
cancellation and turning down the recording level. Echo cancelling is
still not great (headset strongly encouraged). Better audio quality
can be achieved by using a VoIP softphone to call in. The address is

sip:72013 at horizon.tapir.caltech.edu

I found that for Linux both Linphone and Ekiga worked (just ignore the
dialog in Linphone offering to create a SIP account, both are in Debian
and I guess Ubuntu as well). For Mac OSX you can also use Linphone (type
linphone in a terminal it *does* have a GUI), it's in MacPorts and
worked ok for me (an alternative is Telephone which needs a SIP acount
eg from ekiga.net but works very well otherwise). Windows users can
download Linphone from
http://www.linphone.org/eng/download/packages/linphone.html (I have not
tested this). Android and iPhone version of linphone can also be found
there. The android version is reported to work, iPhone I do not have
experience in.

Thanks to Roland Haas for this setup.

Frank Loeffler