[Users] Carpet questions

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Oct 16 12:37:38 CDT 2013

First: Is there a way to determine whether a given grid point
(regardless of level in the refinement hierarchy) also exists on a finer
grid?

Second: Is there a way to disable subcycling? I.e. what I want to do is
evolve all levels simultaneously with the finest grid step. Is there a
way to do that?

In case context helps, what I'm thinking about doing is performing a set
of 1D elliptic solves (during the evolution) in Funwave across a refined
mesh. I'm not sure how to sensibly do the elliptic solves with
subcycling (I am aware of a paper by Praetorius on this topic, but what
he proposes is quite complex).

Thanks!

Cheers,
Steve