[Users] Meeting Minutes

Bruno Coutinho Mundim bcmsma at astro.rit.edu
Tue Apr 1 16:17:09 CDT 2014

Hi Frank and Roland,

thanks for your replies! Regarding the patching system proposed via
fork and pull requests it just seems to me more work than necessary,
specially to someone who is new to git. You would need to fork the
repository (and end up with a new URL as you pointed out), add this
new repo as a remote to your local clone, do the work there, push
it to the repo and request a pull to the official ET repo.
On the other hand, the alternative of creating a local branch,
do the work, diff between master and new branch and send it to
Trac seems more attractive. Anyways since you don't plan on
imposing either way or the other people at the end can choose what
works better for them.

Cheers,
Bruno.