[Users] Simfactory: Machine definition variables

Dumsani Ndzinisa g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za
Sat Aug 9 07:45:01 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I am trying to configure and  add a new machine (cluster) into my
Simfactory machine database. (.../simfactory/mdb/machinses/).

However, I do not know what exactly what the following variables or
abbreviations are in the .ini file: spn, mpn. I have looked up values
given to these in different machine files and found that they are not
the same for all machines. Which brings me to the question of what
they are so I can give to them the correct values relevant to/for the
new machine that I want to add.

I understand ppn represents the number *p*rocessors *p*er *n*ode or
number of cores per node (SimfactoryAdvancedTutorial)
<https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simulation_Factory_Advanced_Tutorial>
. On this
one, what exactly should determine the value for *min-ppn* as far
as the machine being defined is concerned? Or the min-ppn's
value doesn't depend on the machine?

Thank you in advance fr your help.

Dumsani