[Users] Any 64-bit issues I should be aware of?

Ian Smith the.pond at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 25 09:12:29 CDT 2014

On 25/08/14 13:51, Ian Hinder wrote:

> My guess is that Cactus is being run with a different version of some library than it was compiled with.  It is using /usr/lib/libmpich.  Can you post the optionlist you were using?  Do you have more than one version of MPI installed, or did Cactus build MPI during compilation?

OK, I can look into this.  FTR I am using the standard ubuntu.cfg, but I
need to clarify the mpich situation (I think mpich2 is a transitional
package which should point at mpich), but there is also openmpi on here.

MPI_DIR      = /usr
# Ubuntu < 14.04 uses mpich2, >= 14.04 uses mpich
MPI_INC_DIRS = /usr/include/mpich2 /usr/include/mpich
MPI_LIB_DIRS = /usr/lib
MPI_LIBS     = mpich fmpich mpl

AHA!

ian at bonsai Mon Aug 25 03:08 PM /opt/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus
$ ls -lAh /etc/alternatives/libmpi.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Aug 20 10:17 /etc/alternatives/libmpi.so ->
/usr/lib/openmpi/lib/libmpi.so

I seem to be pointing at openmpi, I assume this is incorrect, so I'll go
and check . . .

Cheers,

Ian