[Users] [visit-users] Mesh plot : Carpet Multipacth

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Dec 16 07:16:51 CST 2014

On 16 Dec 2014, at 14:02, Roland Haas <roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> in case someone can comment on this issue with the CarpetHDF5 VisIt
> reader that was brought up on the visit-users list recently.
>
> You can see the email thread here (it contains more information in
> particular the output of running VisIt with -debug 5):
>
> https://elist.ornl.gov/pipermail/visit-users/2014-December/016825.html

To plot multipatch data, you need to have the coordinate gridfunctions output as well; i.e. grid::coordinates.h5 (or maybe x.h5, y.h5, z.h5, I don't remember).  It's possible that the error-checking is poor, and there is a segfault when these are not found.  The coordinate gridfunctions are not needed for a pure-AMR plot.