[Users] Git: "index pack failure" checking out Noether?

Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 27 15:52:23 CST 2014

Hi Frank.

Good questions, and I was going to give you a detailed answer (remote SLES
cluster; only one older version of Git available, etc.), but then the
problem went away. That is, I switched to the only older version of Git
available (1.7.3.4), checked it all out OK, and then switched back to
1.8.5.2, where everything worked again.

So I don't know if it was a temporary Git server issue on ET's end, or
something that got "refreshed" at my end by switching Git modules, but the
problem's gone away. I think.

Thanks for your help, anyway,

Bernard