[Users] ygraph for Mac OS 10.9

David Radice david.e.pi.3.14 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 22:57:37 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am currently the main maintainer of pygraph. I also use OS 10.9 and macports, so I am quite sure that it works with macports. I also made an OS-X app that should work out of the box on 10.9 (if not let me know). Just download and drag this into the Applications folder:

https://bitbucket.org/dradice/pygraph/downloads/pygraph.app.zip

You can create an alias to /Applications/pygraph/Contents/MacOS/pygraph to run it from the CLI.

The main issues with pygraph is that we used a python wrapper to Qwt (which provides the plotting widgets for Qt), PyQwt, which now looks unmaintained. It still works with the old version of Qwt (5.2), but not with the more modern one (6). If you want to use Qt from macports to run pygraph you have to make sure to install the older version of Qwt (actually you can have both installed at the same time) and PyQwt. Also make sure to have an updated version of both "scidata" (the backend) and "pygraph", as I am still updating and improving them when I find some issues.

Cheers,
David