[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Minutes

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 19:10:58 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Barry prepared a test conversion of CactusBase, including 'trunk/master'
> and ET_2014_05 so far. A few minor issues were noted:
>  - empty one-line logs: will be fixed
>  - empty authors: ok (from cvs2svn)
>  - thorn-prefixes to be changed from "[thorn] " to "thorn: "
>  - all branches will be included in next test
>  - assumption: branch creation among thorns at "same time"
>    -> probably ok, and if not conversion scripts will complain

I have now finished the conversion for two of the arrangements, CactusBase
and CactusNumerical. The results can be seen at:
https://bitbucket.org/barrywardell/cactusbase
https://bitbucket.org/barrywardell/cactusnumerical

One minor issue which appeared during the conversion is that there were a
few branches and tags which appear to be a result of a less-than-perfect
CVS->SVN conversion. This does not affect any of what I could consider the
"important" branches and tags, i.e. for ET and Cactus releases. Except in a
couple of cases where these branches are clearly useful, I have omitted
them from the merged repository.

The conversion is mostly scripted, although there are necessarily a couple
manual cleanup steps at the end. This manual cleanup is a somewhat
time-consuming process, so if the new repository layouts look good to
everyone it would be nice to transition to them soon-ish, before too much
development happens in the thorn svn repositories.

Barry