[Users] Meeting Minutes

Bruno Coutinho Mundim bcmsma at astro.rit.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:35:59 CDT 2014

Hi Roland,

just a few questions:

On 03/31/2014 06:45 PM, Roland Haas wrote:
> Present: Frank, Roland, Erik, Peter, Matt, Steve
>
> transition to git:
> * soften commit requirements, no longer require review for every change
> for thorns under heavy development

Is there a list for these thorns under heavy development? Could we say
that GRHydro and Carpet are under heavy development? Even for a thorn
in heavy development I assume there still is a maintainer of that thorn
that should organize how the patches should be applied, no? It would be
useful to make this policy clearer, but it is interesting this soften
requirements.

What about patches to thorns that nobody else seems to care besides the
patch author? Was there any change of policy? It is common to see
patches on Trac sometimes for weeks or months just waiting for being
reviewed. People are just too busy or sometimes they just don't care for
that particular patch. In those cases where a patch doesn't attract any
discussion on Trac, shouldn't it just be applied after a week or so of
silence?

> * restrict commits just before release
> * when using git, no longer propose patches but instead use pull requests

That forces everyone with a patch to offer to have an account on
bitbucket (or github), no? Besides how do you envision the support for
forked repositories in GetComponents?

Cheers,
Bruno.