[Users] Process memory growth

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri May 16 09:02:15 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am seeing a growth in the memory usage of my BBH simulation.  The attached plot shows the "maxrss" value reported by SystemStatistics compared with the value of Carpet::grid_functions, both converted to GB, as a function of simulation coordinate time.  The plotted value is the maximum over all processes.  The run eventually crashed with

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

while recomposing the grid hierarchy.  This suggests that something is leaking memory.

Does anyone else see problems like this?

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder