[Users] Enabling CUDA/OpenCL thorns by default in Simfactory?

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue May 27 09:46:29 CDT 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 03:09:59PM -0400, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> The Einstein Toolkit thorn list contains a set of thorns for CUDA or
> OpenCL. These are disabled by default, since many machines don't support
> this. These thorns are thus checked out by default, but are not built.
>
> I suggest to add these thorns to "enabled-thorns" in Simfactory for these
> machines. That means that these thorns would also be built by default.

Wouldn't that mean that every checkout on such a machine fails, because
simfactory would unconditionally add these thorns to the thornlist,
regardless of whether they are actually present or not?

What you describe would work for checkouts of the complete Einstein
toolkit thornlist, but it would break "minimal" thornlists, and
configurations outside of the ET entirely.

Frank