[Users] At the last stage of gmake, undefined reference to 'pthread_atfork'

Daren doggy1332 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:05:51 CDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Cactus on my linux machine.

The second gmake command should compile and generate an exe file of Cactus.

However

I got this error message:
------------------------------
In function `ompi_warn_fork':
ompi_mpi_init.c:(.text+0xf4a): undefined reference to `pthread_atfork'
collect2: ld 回傳 1
gmake[1]: *** [MYPATH/exe/cactus_new] Error 1
gmake: *** [new] Error 2
------------------------------

I googled this and found someone got this error,too.
And the solution suggested was to
"add pthread library to the LIBS of the configuration".
This, I tried adding  each of the following line individually
1 . "LIBS=pthread"
2. "LIBS+=pthread"
3. "PTHREADS=yes"
 in my  PATH/configs/new/config-info file

but none of the three line works

Is there any way to link my pthread to the library configuration?

or is there any other problem I should solved?