[Users] Timelike and null geodesic integrator

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Aug 19 10:22:36 CDT 2015

Yosef

One easy way is to look at CarpetReduce: It will ignore points that are
invalid. There is a grid function CarpetReduce::weight that specifies how
much a point should contribute towards reductions; if the weight is zero,
then the points is either an outer boundary, a buffer zone, or will be
overwritten by restriction. The sum of all weights (modulo the level's grid
spacing) is the volume of the simulation domain. The weight is 1 for
"regular points", 0 for points that should be ignored, and a fraction of 1
for points near refinement and near outer boundaries.

I don't recall whether the weight is zero in inter-process boundaries and
symmetry boundaries; it may not be, but you can use cctk_bbox and
cctk_nghostzones in the usual way to exclude these.

-erik