[Users] VisIt reader?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:57:32 CDT 2015

Hi Comer,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an existing reader of Cactus data files for VisIt?  I ask because I
> have VisIt installed on my mac and VisIt has a volume viz option built in
> which I'd like to try on some ET data sets.  Also I have downloaded yt and
> would like to know whether anyone has written a reader of ET data files for
> yt?  I seem to recall on this list recently someone was going to look into
> using yt for ET, but don't know how far along this is as yet.  Please clue
> me in.

Jonah Miller, Kacper Kowalik and I had a sprint on this last week at
NCSA.  We're updating the wiki page as we proceed:

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/yt

but the upshot is that right now we are still finishing handling all
the different permutations of boundary conditions, and then it should
be workable in a beta state.

-Matt