[Users] ET on SPARC system.

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 8 00:07:33 CDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 12:05:13PM +0900, Max Barkov wrote:
> I am new user of ET.
> Recently a get access to FUJITSU Supercomputer PRIMEHPC FX100. FX100, with
> high performance processors SPARC64 XIfx. FX100 have sparc environment.
> Any one have an experience to work with SPARC64 system?
> I would be very appreciated for any related information and/or config
> files.

I am not an Sparc expert, but the Einstein Toolkit does not contain any
architecture-specific code. So, assuming you have working compilers
available, it is only a question of picking some compiler options and it
might just work (this is being optimistic, fingers crossed, and for a
suitable definition of 'working compiler').

What you need is a Fortran 90 compiler, a C and a C++ compiler. You will
have to specify at least C99 standard for the C compiler (if that is not
the default anyway). Some compilers require a few more flags, but this
is highly compiler-dependent. Give it a try, and when you get stuck with
a compiler error, post it here.

I would start with one of the shorter options lists for another machine,
even if that is not for sparc (remove things that obviously don't fit),
like: debian.cfg . The intention here is only to get a template for an
optionlist, not to use any of these particular flags.

Frank