[Users] Visualizing data from Carpet

Soham Mukherjee soham.m at iisertvm.ac.in
Fri Jun 26 01:16:01 CDT 2015

Hi

I have been trying to visualize the output from CarpetIOHDF5 in Python, as
I want direct control over the data.

I reckon, that the CarpetIOHDF5 thorn outputs the grid values for every
processor in a separate .h5 file, since none of the files in a database
seem to have as many grid points as it should have, and the number of such
files exactly match the number of processors engaged in the job.

If so, how can I stitch up the outputs from separate processors to get the
values on all the grid points for an entire slice? The HDF5 files do
contain a dataset named ‘Data Structure’, but I haven’t been yet able to
figure out what its output is. If you could kindly help me with it.

Thank you
Soham