[Users] Visualization of AHFinderDirect horizons

Michael Clark michael.clark at gatech.edu
Mon Nov 9 12:41:43 CST 2015

Hello,

We're looking for a way to visualize the horizons from AHF as snapshots in
time, preferably in lockstep with data generated from CarpetIOHDF5.

We've been using VisIt to create plots and images of data generated by
CarpetIOHDF5. We considered using the xdmf script mentioned in
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1828 but this seemed to trace out
the apparent horizons over all time and did not appear suitable to creating
a snapshot at a particular iteration.

Is there a known solution for this? Perhaps using CarpetIOHDF5 with some of
the AHF variables to generate a some sort of region in VisIt corresponding
to the apparent horizon?

Thanks,
Michael Clark