[Users] Numerical arrangement

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Oct 13 15:30:08 CDT 2015

On 13 Oct 2015, at 19:20, Barry Wardell <barry.wardell at ucd.ie> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> I just realised that AEILocalInterp was moved to
>
> 	https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/numerical
>
> Would it be better for this to be under the cactuscode team instead, i.e.
>
> 	https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/numerical
>
> AEILocalInterp is nothing to do with the Einstein equations.
>
> I believe the reasoning for including it in the Numerical arrangement as opposed to, for example, CactusNumerical is that AEILocalInterp is licensed under the GPL and the author does not wish to relicense it under the LGPL. Since Cactus thorns are required to be licensed under the LGPL it cannot be include with Cactus, and so the idea was to have it as part of a new arrangement under the Einstein Toolkit instead.

Hi Barry,

Yes, we didn't want to (couldn't) make it part of Cactus, i.e. in an arrangement starting with "Cactus".  But I thought we were going to still host it under the Cactus BitBucket account, since being under Einstein Toolkit doesn't make much sense.  It is of interest to a wider community than just those using Cactus for GR.  The idea was to have a generic location for free software Cactus thorns which are not part of Cactus.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin