[Users] Issue with ExternalLibraries/HDF5 in dev version

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 15 21:04:30 CDT 2015

Hi All,

so I just got a fresh checkout of the development version and noticed
that there is a problem with ExternalLibraries/HDF5:

I have my own pre-compiled version of HDF5 and I am setting HDF5_DIR=...
in my options list. When I do that, the script detect.sh in
ExternalLibraries/HDF5 fails to set HDF5_LIB_DIRS and HDF5_LIBS and the
compile fails at the link stage.

Could this possibly be fixed? I fixed the problem locally by introducing

HDF5_LIB_DIRS="${HDF5_DIR}/lib"
HDF5_LIBS="${HDF5_CXX_LIBS} ${HDF5_FORTRAN_LIBS} ${HDF5_C_LIBS}"

Near line 156 of detect.sh.

Thanks,

  - Christian