[Users] HDF5 Error, Hilbert

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Wed Oct 21 02:49:23 CDT 2015

Hello all,

> Glad to hear it's working!
>
> The last line indicates that the threads are not being pinned to
> specific cores.  Usually, we recommend to pin them.  You should be
> able to do this by activating thorns hwloc and SystemTopology in your
> parameter file.
I suggest to also use your mpirun command's pinning options if
available. This can be an issue since MPI will allocate memory before
thorns hwloc and SystemTopology have a change of pinning the process so
that you may end up with cores having to use memory that is physically
attached to the "other" sockets in multi-socket systems.

There is unfortunately nothing any thorn can do about this since MPI may
allocate memory as soon as MPI_Init is called by the flesh.