[Users] Odd CCTK_VarDataPtrI behaviour?

Federico Guercilena guercilena at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Oct 26 11:05:21 CDT 2015

(I write this second question in different message so it can be answered
separately)

Hello,

when asking for a vector variable index with CCTK_VarIndex, it correctly
returns an increasing index for every variable component, for example:

CCTK_VarIndex (example_gf[0]) --> 180
CCTK_VarIndex (example_gf[1]) --> 181

However when the index is fed to CCTK_VarDataPtrI to get a pointer to the
grid function, it always points to the 0th component. To get the pointer to
the component I wanted, I had to increment the pointer by the correct
amount.

This not a major inconvenience, but it is quite counterintuitive. Is there
a reason for such behaviour?

Thanks again,
Federico Guercilena

--