[Users] minutes for 2016-08-22

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:43:31 CDT 2016

Hello all,

> There was also a discussion of the piraha-everywhere branch. Frank
> reported that it worked for him without trouble for his non-ET thorns.
> Peter has privately reported the same to me. Frank said he plans to
> go over the patch and understand it in more detail when he gets back
> to the office.
Right there was, sorry.

On the release-branch issue:

I tried this and unfortunately it is exactly as Erik described it: git
finds conflicts if there are commits in only some of the release
branches but not in the others.

Tags seems less nice to use since they don't allow for a git pull (at
best I guess one has to do another git checkout) which is one of the
interesting parts.

In this light a "release" tag for the manifest maybe the simplest
solution.