[Users] 2D simulations (axial symmetry) with GRHydro

Jens Mahlmann jensmahl at alumni.uv.es
Thu Dec 1 09:18:42 CST 2016

Dear Roland, dear Erik,

thank you for your reply. I have attached the Cactus log file. I have
found that some problems arise from the table value sdetg(i,j,k) given
to the Prim2ConM subroutine in GRHydro (This problem with
GRHydro_SqrtSpatialDeterminant I have encountered more than once
lately). Using a point-wise derivation of the determinant at runtime I
can avoid this. The remaining (few) NaNs I relate so far (as Erik said)
to a bad choice of my initial data which has excision and therefore
jumps and, thus, may yield problems with the interpolation. The attached
file is from after the fixing of the determinant issue - however, the
scheduling was not changed.

Thank you and my best

Jens