[Users] Installing on OSX10.12

Guy guy.pitman at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 20 16:56:57 CST 2016

Hi Ian,

I deleted the Cactus directory and re- downloaded using Homebrew. After running ./simfactory/bin/sim setup --optionlist=osx-homebrew.cfg --runscript generic-mpi.run
I checked the simfactory/mdb/optionlists/osx-homebrew.cfg which had the following lines

CPP = cpp-6
FPP = cpp-6
CC  = gcc-6
CXX = g++-6
F90 = gfortran-6

CPPFLAGS =
FPPFLAGS = -traditional
CFLAGS   = -g -std=c11
CXXFLAGS = -g -std=c++14
F90FLAGS = -g -m128bit-long-double -fcray-pointer -ffixed-line-length-none

LDFLAGS = -lgfortran

(see attached)

I did not edit anything

I ran ./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j2' --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th

and got the following output

Thanks and Regards

Guy